Asbestos Awareness course
Location: Southend, Essex
This Asbestos Awareness training course covers all you need to know on how to be asbestos aware. This is required by all people who influence and wish to work on the fabric of any premises built/constructed before the year 2000. Workers and supervisors must be able to recognise asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) and know what to do if they come across them in order to protect themselves and others.
This adbestos awareness course is designed for anyone working in an environment where they may encounter asbestos, such as general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters, decorators, joiners, plasterers, demolition workers and construction staff.
What will delegates get from the course?
They will recognise the dangers of asbestos and will become aware of the regulations associated with and directly connected to asbestos.
What will the delegate's employer get from the course?
A trained worker who will understand what asbestos is and the typical locations where it is found and how to work safely to avoid exposure.
Asbestos Awareness course content
- Understand what asbestos is and the typical locations where it is found and how to work safely to avoid exposure.
- Control of Asbestos Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The types of asbestos, asbestos containing materials (ACMs) and its affects on human health.
- Actions to take in order to ensure that defects and hazards are reported.
- What action to take if asbestos is discovered.
Successful delegates will receive a certificate on completion for this Asbestos Awareness course, which is valid for 1 year.