CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
Location: Southend, Essex
The aim of this CITB HSA training course is to highlight potential hazards when working on site and provide practical advice on keeping yourself and your colleagues safe. It will cover your individual and your employer’s responsibilities, including what you can do if you think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
This one day CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is for people who are new to the construction and civil engineering industries. It teaches you the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how these affect your role. It is also recommended as a health and safety refresher of knowledge after five years and is one of the Site Safety Plus ranges of courses.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
CITB Health & Safety course content
- Workers individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled.
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site.
- Legal requirements and liabilities.
- Working at height.
- Manual handling.
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment.
- Occupational health.
By the end of this CITB Health and Safety Awareness training course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise potential hazards in the workplace.
- Recognise the main health and safety issues on construction sites and how they can be affected by them.
- Understand the need for site inductions and toolbox talks.
- Understand how their role fits in with the management of the site.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
Will be an end of course examination, consisting of 25 multiple choice questions. 20 are worth 1 mark and 5 are worth 2 marks each. Delegates must obtain 25 marks out of 30 (83%) to pass the examination. The examination is 30 minutes in length and is closed book.
This CITB Health & Safety course is valid for 5 years, and will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the course including the compulsory final multiple-choice examination (83% pass grade)
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For CITB HSA training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.