CITB SEATS Course
Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
Location: Southend, Essex
A one-day interactive CITB SEATS course designed for site managers/supervisors with the aim of providing delegates with an introduction to construction site environmental issues. It highlights the basic environmental knowledge and gives a thorough overview of the subject and the relevant legislation and industry best practice.
This one-day SEATS course is designed for Site managers/supervisors. In addition to the SMSTS & SSSTS qualifications, this course covers environmental issues on a construction site in more detail.
What will delegates get from the course?
This training course is designed to enable site managers/supervisors to understand:
- the environmental impacts of construction processes
- the relevant legislation and how to regulate it
- how to achieve compliance
- the best practice techniques to use on site
By the end of the CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) course, delegates will be able to:
- Implement best practice techniques on site
- Implement and regulate correct and appropriate legislation
- Understand the environmental impacts of the construction process
SEATS course content
This SEATS training course contains the following topics:
- Why the environment is important
- Environmental Management Systems
- Contaminated land
- Waste management
- Pollution and water management
- Being a good neighbour
- Energy and resources
A high proportion of group discussions, best practice sharing, exercises, and case studies. Delegates will also be required to take a multiple-choice examination.
Delegates will successfully complete the SEATS course by achieving a minimum of 18 out of 25 correct answers in a multiple-choice examination.
Successful delegates will receive a certificate on completion for this SEATS course, which is valid for 5 years.