CITB SSSTS Course
Location: Southend, Essex
This CITB SSSTS course will cover your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. Aimed at first line managers, including those who have to or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
This CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme course is designed for Site Supervisors or people who are about to acquire site supervisory responsibilities.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge.
- You will need to provide a Valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
CITB SSSTS Course Content
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 + Health and Safety Law
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors daily
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
- Developing a health and safety management system
- Fire prevention and control
- Risk assessments and Method statements
- Hazardous substances
- CDM – Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Accidents and First Aid
By the end of the SSSTS course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need.
The CITB SSSTS course is highly interactive taught through case studies, classroom discussions, groupwork and individual or group presentations. You may need to do some self-study outside of the course.
You will be continually assessed during the SSSTS course by your tutor. You will also need to successfully complete the compulsory multiple-choice examination which consists of 25 questions (80% pass grade).
Delegates should inform their trainer if they have any serious health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
For CITB SSSTS training held at your own location, please ensure that the classroom you make available has a 240v power supply and is a suitable size for the number of delegates attending. Please ensure that the practical area has been risk assessed, is free from harm and is suitable for training.