IOSH Safety Health and Environment for Construction Workers Course
Location: Southend, Essex
The course provides the core knowledge you need to stay safe, and embeds the good understanding and techniques needed to keep others safe too.
The practical, jargon-free nature of the course will meet the needs of every learner.
CSCS approval means that the course will equip delegates with the knowledge and skills required to be eligible to apply for the Green Labourer card – allowing them to work on construction sites in entry-level positions.
This one day course is for people who are new to the construction industry or whom have reason to visit construction sites in the course of their work, or people whom already work on construction sites.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence.
IOSH SHEC course content
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
By the end of this IOSH Safety Health and Environment for Construction Workers training course, delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Site safety
- Recognising and managing health risks and high risk activities
- Dealing with incidents
- The wider environment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion and group work.
There will be an end of course exam for all delegates.
On successful completion of the exam, delegates will receive an IOSH certificate or passport card, valid for five years.